Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro

2 posters

Go down

why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro Empty why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro

Post  superhappyize Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 pm

I know the lifecycle is over in Nov2012 , I've read that upgrading is not needed if your happy with it. I dont like the newer distros with the unity bar, Mate is just fine.
Any advise . Switch to debian ? Mint 14 might have option to use Mate menu.?

superhappyize

Back to top Go down

why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro Empty Re: why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro

Post  kaddy Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:45 am

hi

ofcoarse you don't "have to" upgrade... but you will no longer recieve security updates / bug fixes.... Another option is to use Lmde "Linux Mint Debian Edition" which is a semi rolling release and always stays up to date instead of having to reinstall? I got it on my Misses computer and it works great

kaddy
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro Empty tried a few

Post  superhappyize Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks for the advise, I've tried mint maya and mint 14, mint kde12, but they didn't work as well, no video driver support.
I went back to 11 and its totally awesome, maybe try the RC release soon for the security patches.
Im a newbie with a happy system now. I always watch your videos. take care.

superhappyize

Back to top Go down

why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro Empty Re: why upgrade from mint 11 to newer distro

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down