Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osgui Tim stuff

+13
ncanonmsger!
faolchu-aonair
Quids
oldposdells
gatorman32656
Crazyiom
waynefoutz
ninjamanawesome
Mike-pccentral
jonathan
eldersnake
Swathe
kaddy
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Osgui Tim stuff - Page 3 Empty Re: Osgui Tim stuff

Post  Quids Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Cheers guys

My job will be doing network security, monitoring whats coming in and going out and checking for hackers, viruses, etc. Should be quite a challenge considering its a massive international network. Anyway can't go into too many details...
Hmmm timed that well considering whats going on.

I'll be doing shift work - 2 days 2 nights 4 off. Never done shift work before, so Im not sure how well I'll take to it.

Quids

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Welcome mate and congrats on the new job. I was a carpenter by trade but managed to break into IT with no certifications. I personally don't begrudge anyone helping other community members over at osgui. He may be their first thing they find when wanting to learn about GNU/Linux and it would be bad of us to turn our back on them because of Tims stupidity.

Tim's claim that he was hacked may well be true. His announcement, however, that it was a program specifically written to attack his site is bollocks. Tim has nowhere near the technical skills to even deduce something like that, he would just be taking what ever his hosting company told him and running with it. You would think a sysadmin would know better.

Oh that's right, he isn't one.....
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Welcome, Quids. I too am torn about whether to contribute to Tim's site or not any more. Personally, the guy has never been anything but kind to me, but I agree what he did went too far, and ended up ripping the community he built in two. Judging from all the "evidence" posted in this thread, I think Tim has a lot to learn about how to do business. The guy built a great community, and his hundreds of videos, especially the tutorial videos he's posted are some of the best out there, in my opinion. He seems to have a problem with competition though. You don't see Coke telling people they aren't allowed to drink Pepsi. Similarly, his course of action should have been to ignore the competition, and keep the ship sailing on the course that it was on. He seems to have torpedoed it instead. I don't understand his thinking on why there should be two camps anyway. Isn't everyone's goals the same? We all have a common interest in these little electronic boxes that light up and have a desire to share with one another all the cool things we can do with them. I don't want to pick sides in this whole thing. As far as a person's sexual identity, I am of the opinion that whatever makes you happy is fine with me as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I believe him when he says OSGUI is being hacked, it's happened two nights in a row now. I don't condone it, if that indeed is what's happening, it's just adding fuel to the fire, and I hope it stops.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 am

I tried to log on this morning, he's deleted my account. I guess a slot on my bookmarks bar just opened up. I wanted to log on there and say that I think the attacks on his site are despicable, amd I in no way condone them. In a thread he mentions a user on youtube who has posted a "how to" on how to attack his site. He's right, it's there. While Tim's actions were immature and stupid, this person doing this to his site is disgusting and most likely breaking the law. If I call a person a nasty name, it doesn't give that person a right to blast me in the face with both barrels of a sawed off shotgun. (I been playing too much "Smokin Guns") It seems to me that's what this guy out to destroy Tim's site is doing.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 am

I agree. Is this the video you were talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YvTGYSG7g
This is total bull.
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 am

Look like I got hacked... lol... I can't even access his site...
ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:32 am

oldposdells wrote:I agree. Is this the video you were talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YvTGYSG7g
This is total bull.

Yeah, that'd be the one.

ninjamanawesome wrote:Look like I got hacked... lol... I can't even access his site...

Probably because you posted here. Tim's in ultra defense mode, I can't say that I blame him.

And hey Swathe, I notice you've been favoriting a lot of youtube videos on Lego guns...Those are pretty cool, but here in the USA, they actually let us play with the real ones lol!
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 am

I think I unintentionally backstabbed you... that's probably why you're gone, it's a long story and I'm sorry for what I did.

I took a quote from here to see how ignorant OSGUI is and turns out you could've been banned due to that...

ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:08 pm

ninjamanawesome wrote:I think I unintentionally backstabbed you... that's probably why you're gone, it's a long story and I'm sorry for what I did.

I took a quote from here to see how ignorant OSGUI is and turns out you could've been banned due to that...

No harm done. I've also said good things about him in this thread, if that's the way he feels, so be it. I'm not his enemy. I originally went to his board because I got tired of the nonsense on Ubuntu forums. Over there, it seems like there are 5 or 6 users that think they know everything, and like to scold anyone else who gives an answer to a newbie, because they think their way is better. I figured a smaller community would be better. Tim's videos drew me in. I had no idea he was going to run it like a tyrant. If that's how he chooses to run things, so be it. He has also unintentionally turned me on to other forums, if it weren't for his video rants against TWIL about 6 months ago, I would have never known it was there.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Wow, talk about going too far. His forum is an absolute mess at the moment, the "admin", obviously in control of the hacker, is going on a rampage.

Tim might have some issues and treat people wrong, but he doesn't deserve this.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

eldersnake wrote:Wow, talk about going too far. His forum is an absolute mess at the moment, the "admin", obviously in control of the hacker, is going on a rampage.

Tim might have some issues and treat people wrong, but he doesn't deserve this.

No he doesn't. This is taking things way too far.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:25 pm

It also doesn't help the image of the Linux community, even if it is only one or few individuals, because they are responding in the completely wrong way and just reinforcing what Tim was saying about the Linux community, even it's generally not true as a whole.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Well Linux is where it is mostly due to the fact that some of the users can't seem to conduct themselves properly. If some of these FLOSS zealots would get their heads out of their asses then we'd be in much better shape.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Well be it right or wrong it's the internet and you reap what you sow. He put a big enough target on himself to draw the wrong sort of attention.
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:20 am

Swathe wrote:Well be it right or wrong it's the internet and you reap what you sow. He put a big enough target on himself to draw the wrong sort of attention.

There is no question in right or wrong. If I go to restaurant and they serve me bad food, I leave, and I never come back. That is a reasonable reaction. Tossing a molotov cocktail through the window and burning the place down after I walk out the door is wrong.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  gatorman32656 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 am

waynefoutz wrote:
Swathe wrote:Well be it right or wrong it's the internet and you reap what you sow. He put a big enough target on himself to draw the wrong sort of attention.

There is no question in right or wrong. If I go to restaurant and they serve me bad food, I leave, and I never come back. That is a reasonable reaction. Tossing a
molotov cocktail through the window and burning the place down after I walk out the door is wrong.

Your point is well taken. One cannot, however, help but wonder what is the basis for this person's wrath. A simple disagreement along philosophical lines would not seem to be sufficient to cause such an over-reaction. I would assume that the response would require the possession of advance computer skills and would require a large investment in time. If so, one must assume that the controversy was much more profound in nature.
As I have earlier indicated, Tim is apparently haunted by internal struggles and those demons have resulted in a force being unleashed that very well may end up undoing the positive things he sought to accomplish. It saddens me deeply to see this unfold.
gatorman32656
gatorman32656

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

To be Honest I have no sympothy for Tim getting hacked to buggery... He deserves it because he is still spreading lies around his community about others and especially me....
In one of his latest posts he says that "referring to us...

"we have said comments to him that he considers homophobic and insulting" oh ok.. the homophobic card again.... thats getting a little old mr racist, heterophobic bigot supreme leader of the Linux Movement who Calls other people Trolls but goes ahead and leaves trolling comments on other people's channel and calls himself an admin yet doesn't know anything about the Cli then goes ahead and insults people who use Distros he hates and insults his own community members that are trying to help osgui and labels them homophobes if they have a different opinion to that of his own........ bah, words cannot comprehend the idiocy this man possesses....

He also claims in his own words about me

"that little stupid comment I left on that trolls channel which was a very bad comment was in fact as I keep saying instigated by that person trolling my videos leaving dozens of "Fag" type comments"

eerrmmmm No. I have never called him a "fag" or said anything about his sexuality..... Nice lies Timmy boy... Your community might be stupid enough to believe you.... But sooner or later they will realise how much of a pathetic compulsive liar you are... I will Talk about you openly in Public, not on fake accounts privately... I know you read these forums... and frankly I don't care

" I have had countless fake accounts on youtube troll me which I think are created by those other jealous channels"
Hardi harrr harrrr. Good one. Wouldn't waste my time.... It is unfortunate that you get constant trolling... but then again
you should know all about it right? Not that I condone it... But what do you expect when your a Public Figure with lot's of enemies... I get my fair share of Trolls on my Youtube channel too... Thats Life on the internet...

Whether or not Tim has complications in his life and with himself, There is no excuse for his behaviour and the way he treats his community... among countless other antics he has pulled. If you got personal issues with yourself... Don't take it out on other people. He is smart enough to know better... but he chooses to act the way he does... I don't care what the excuse is. He's not the only one that has issues in Life... Frankly... I think he does it for the attention.

kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gatorman32656 Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 am

You may very well be correct regarding him seeking attention. It is interesting to note that he demands unconditional acceptance from others but certainly does not exercise this attribute when dealing with the same people. Contrition is also something he lacks.
It does appear that the attacks on his site have stopped. Maybe it's all over.
gatorman32656
gatorman32656

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:17 pm

He's moved to a new server, and it cost him some money to switch and in long distance phone calls. It'll suck if the hacker manages to exploit that server. That is if he's not done hacking yet.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Yeah tim has moved to godaddy for his hosting.

I received a great comment on my youtube channel on the video I did about Tim. Obviously I am dealing with what can only be desciribed as a mental giant

swathe, you're no better than the Tim cretin, in fact to make this vid , taking up your personal time to do so, makes you a petty little wretch, a real loser and a total faggot. You look like a no-mark red neck anyway. Have a good day and you need a big gay dick up your dumbass.

I got a good laugh out of it. I thanked the guy for watching.

Now if this genius had simply said he thought it was stupid of me to waste my time making a tim video, I could say fair enough and I can even see the logic. Obviously not content to point this out he thoughts he would go for the big guns and call me a faggot in the internet lol. Now I am used to getting called a redneck and a bogan all the time because I'm not clean shaven nor have the face of a 14 year old boy. I'd wager than I'm a hell of a lot smarter than 99% of the people who insult me, but the perception is because I swear etc I'm some inbred hick. It's just a stereotype, and it's just something people fall back on when the can't win a traditional battle of the wits, and this is something Tim is guilty of time and time again.

Obviously it would suck to be a homosexual and get called fgt and the rest, and it's equally retarded for people to pull that on Tim just because they don't like him. It ruins the ability for the rest of us to object on issues that actually matter. Tim is never going to change, and as such, my opinion on his will not change either. He's not the only person who has endured hardships in life, and I dare say my childhood was of a worse nature than his. I'm not taking away from the fact that being a homosexual is a lot to have to deal with, but Tim has repeatedly said he received a lot of support from friends and family.

Tims forums are dying, he hasn't made a video for a few weeks and people who knew nothing about it all have messaged me on youtube astounded to find out he was even capable of the things he has done.

You reap what you sow.
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Don't let those idiots get to you. I don't even listen to people like that because I know they're complete dumbasses, and they're making great big jackasses of themselves in front of people.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:21 pm

lol at that foul mouthed troll, I had a similar reply to one of my comments on one of kaddy's videos telling me I need things up my ass Laughing

Seems the no lifer is going around most of the vids and channels we know doing that sort of thing; it crossed my mind it could even be an alt account of Tim himself but I'd like to think he'd be a tad more intelligent than that.

EDIT: hmm scratch that lol, he's on Tim's vids attacking him as well
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

ahahhahahha
Yeah I got that Troll saying shit on my Videos too......

"you love the tag ONLY THE OSGUI SHOW REVIEWS DISTROS IN A QUALITY STYLE. THIS GUYS VIDS SUCK AND LINUX4UNME NEEDS A DICK UP HIS BUMbecause you need a big dick up your faggot ass. "TheTardSpotter 12 hours ago

"@ElderSnake90 you love the tag because you need a big dick up your faggot ass."
TheTardSpotter 12 hours ago

"@KingHerring hmm, did YOU make a video on this??, WOW, maybe you should get down to Hollywood because they have great lawyers for this type of thing, you could sue on the grounds of needing a dildo up your ass. What a pathetic little whinging mummies boy poof faggot. STFU and shove a dildo up your ass."
TheTardSpotter 13 hours ago

Ahahahhaahhhaha
Quite amusing if this guy is Actually this stupid with the insulting mental capacity of a 10 year old.... I had to laugh

This guy is also a Coward since he has made his Youtube channel invisible so that we can't see it or block it. I would even go as far to say that it is infact Tim being a knobhead Troll with a fake hidden account and also made sure he left some comments from that account on his own videos to make it look like it is not him trolling us. That is something he would do
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah i saw the rest of his creative commenting lol. He doesn't upset me, he's too stupid to get under my skin lol.
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:55 pm

probably is since in TWIL's video he said that osgui said that he likes it up his you know what....
ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum