Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine

3 posters

Go down

How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine Empty How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine

Post  ZACHARiAS Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:52 am

hey there folks!
i belive this is my debut on kaddy's forum. just showing my support to him and obviously, seeking for help! xD
well i believe the post title says it all. but the reason i seek for this is because i still find it hard to config debian. im runnig latest stable release 6.0.3 and im really a bit of a noob so i wanted also to have my dear ubuntu 10.04 as my alternative OS. yes, i do use lts <3
any way to post an how to guide or shed some light on me?

kudos

ZACHARiAS

http://orientexpressforum.biz

Back to top Go down

How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine Empty Re: How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine

Post  waynefoutz Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Ubuntu 10.04 and Debian 6 on the same hard drive seems a bit redundant to me. They are basically the same, I'm pretty sure they're both running the same kernel version even. The major difference is Debian doesn't hold your hand when installing proprietary drivers like Ubuntu does. That's about it. Personally, I'd stick with one or the other.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine Empty Re: How to have 2 linux distros and win7 on same machine

Post  kaddy Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 pm

hi ZACHARiAS!

Only just noticed this post for some reason.....

yeah it might be easier to pick 1 and dual boot with windows.... although it isn't "that" hard to boot 3.
But it may require you to reinstall windows first then the 2 linux distros... that would be the easiest way..
Unfortunately I don't have a video on how to triboot 2 linux os's with windows.... and I dunno if you want to do it or not.. might be a little time consuming....
There are plenty of guides floating around.... I'm sure we can find a good one for you if that is what you want......

kaddy
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down