Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA Stop Online Piracy Act

+3
c_smith
modus
yourhereticself
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

USA Stop Online Piracy Act Empty USA Stop Online Piracy Act

Post  yourhereticself Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:19 am

Greeting,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time after OSGUI started to annoy me, but never had anything to say so I did register. Now I have, however, and would like to know what everyone thinks about the SOPA bill the U.S. government is trying to push through. Any thoughts?

yourhereticself

yourhereticself

Back to top Go down

USA Stop Online Piracy Act Empty Re: USA Stop Online Piracy Act

Post  modus Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:44 am

Looks like Censorship to me by another name. I expect Anonymous have already formulated a plan to attack this act.
modus
modus

Back to top Go down

Post  yourhereticself Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:50 am

To anyone who has been paying attention to this in the news, I've been following this since I found out last week and came across this article I think is pretty interesting. Unfortunately being that I am a new member I cannot post links yet so...

The website is techland.time.com and the article is How the Internet Evolves to Overcome Censorship written on November 21, 2011.

yourhereticself

Back to top Go down

Post  c_smith Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 pm

I'd like to let you know that this bill goes by two names, one for Senate, and another for the House of Representatives, the Congress version is PROTECT IP, the other is SOPA, PROTECT IP means Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act of 2011. they are essentially the same thing. just for different branches of the government.

c_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 am

My government sucks. For 200 years, people have been immigrating here from elsewhere because they wanted to be left the hell alone. Now all of the sudden these bastards want to tell us what we can eat, drink, smoke, even down to what kind of light bulb I screw into my lamp. We have a Constitution that's supposed to protect us from this kind of stuff, the politicians wipe their asses with it a long time ago.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  yourhereticself Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:51 am

From what I've been reading, the past few weeks has seen a lot of momentum against the bill. I'm starting to to having a good feeling it won't pass, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. If 12/21/2012 actually were to happen, the U.S. would be the country to start it. I'm ashamed everyday that I live here.

yourhereticself

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:58 am

I'm sure the Govt will do everything it can, even if it means playing dirty tricks
in order to eventually have full power and be able to Censor the Web... And they will lie, use Propaganda or even
setup false flag cyber attacks and use it to get that power.... just like they do with in almost every other situation

Internet 2 will come sure enough.... the question is just... when?

kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c_smith Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Kaddy, I agree there, but one thing has been pointed out to me: The US Constitution prevents this kind of thing, but as I have discovered (and possibly said here) the Government has already fucked that up (excuse the language, but it's the most fitting) so we can't count on that to protect us anymore.

c_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm

c_smith wrote:Kaddy, I agree there, but one thing has been pointed out to me: The US Constitution prevents this kind of thing, but as I have discovered (and possibly said here) the Government has already fucked that up (excuse the language, but it's the most fitting) so we can't count on that to protect us anymore.

The US Constitution also forbids being roped into a retirement ponzie scheme like Social Security. That doesn't matter. The Constitution is dead. Our government defines or creates a need, then goes about fulfilling that need it created. We live in a Marxist democracy. The men who wrote the Constitution would not even remotely recognize what our government has morphed into.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  yourhereticself Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:45 am

only wish more people would pay attention to what the this government is doing. Seems most people don't care. They're all sheeple. I found this article. http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-dancing-add-on-kills-dns-and-ip-blockades-111130/ At least some are willing to fight.

yourhereticself

Back to top Go down

Post  s.greenback Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 pm

As there isn't an introduction thread, I am handling my intro here in a thread I would post to anyway. Well, I'm a new (for a few months) Linux user from the U.S. and a Linux4UnMe subscriber on Youtube. Besides the topic that follows, it's cool to be here and from what I can tell, I've found myself in good company.

On to the subject...I wrote my Congressman about this and as far as I can tell from his words, he plans to do the wrong thing:

I will support legislation that maintains the purity of the internet’s free market character, its free flow of commerce, services and communication, while minimizing the threat of theft of intellectual and real property to American companies. Rest assured, I will keep your thoughts in mind should H.R. 3261, S. 968 or similar legislation come to the House floor for a vote.

Over the years I've wrote to three different Congressmen as they've came through the office...when they're blowing smoke, they always word it as above.

I may be paranoid, but I really feel that all this boils down to being a convenient way for the government to use the regulations as an extension of the PATRIOT act and rake in a few campaign bucks at the same time. Maybe it's more like a Big Brother compatibility layer.
s.greenback
s.greenback

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:25 am

hi greenback
Welcome to the Forums and thanx for watchin the Tube!

yeah... same old rhetoric it seems eh? I wonder what Ron Paul's views are on this subject..... That man is a fkn Legend. btw.. if you think all this is bad... read about this:

http://rt.com/usa/news/indefinite-detention-bill-senate-905/
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 pm

I can't speak for Ron Paul, but like him, I'm a Libertarian http://www.lp.org/ I'd have to say he's probably against it. This isn't about stopping piracy, the recording and movie industries are buying government to protect their interests.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Yep
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  s.greenback Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Kaddy!

I'm a Ron Paul fan myself...if you were here in the States, it'd probably piss you off to see how the media makes every attempt it can to shut him out. Now that they pretty much have to at least say something about him, they make it obvious how painful it is.

To Wayne Foutz:

Right on. I've been voting Libertarian since Harry Browne. It looks like Gary Johnson (another guy completely shut out by the media) may be on the ticket. If Ron Paul did make the GOP nomination, I'd have a really tough voting decision for the first time ever.
s.greenback
s.greenback

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 am

s.greenback

Yeah i'm a Ron Paul Fan...
Yeah I know the Media are blocking him out big time.... and why is this? Because The System is corrupt... and the System owns most of the media or are able
to manipulate them with Money as to what they are allowed or not allowed to talk about.....

Gary Johnson? Don't think i've heard of him... I will have to look into him

cheers
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 am

kaddy wrote:s.greenback

Yeah i'm a Ron Paul Fan...
Yeah I know the Media are blocking him out big time.... and why is this? Because The System is corrupt... and the System owns most of the media or are able
to manipulate them with Money as to what they are allowed or not allowed to talk about.....

Gary Johnson? Don't think i've heard of him... I will have to look into him

cheers

Kaddy, here in the states, as you know we have two major parties, both of them are pretty much the same. The Libertarian party, from which Ron Paul used to be a member of, is probably the longest lived third party out there, other third parties have been bigger, but they all come and go for the most part. Libertarians believe that the Constitution should be applied as it's written.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
That's a great read, if you go through it, you'll see for yourself that the US government has taken up all these powers that they are specifically forbidden to take up.
The Libertarian message is simple. Leave us the hell alone, let us run our own lives on a local level, not from some stone buildings on the other side of the continent. That doesn't sit well with the establishment, so they try and paint us, and Ron Paul, as crazy anarchists. I get it thrown in my face all the time, "what, you don't want police or firefighters?" Yeah, I do, but funded locally, not federally. I explain to them, if I want to give my local public library a dollar, the most efficient way for me to do that is to walk in there, hand them a dollar. But that's not the way it's done. I send my dollar to Washington, it swirls around, paying the salaries of a thousand bureaucrats, then gets sent to my state government, where it swirls around, paying for the salaries of hundreds of bureaucrats, then the 3 or 4 cents that's left over from my dollar finally makes it to my library. And they say our thinking is crazy. That is because those in power have a vested interest in keeping the system the way it is. Ron Paul, and anyone like him, is a threat. They don't teach the Constitution anymore. If you live here, you have to look it up and read it yourself. Hell, most of the members of congress are completely ignorant of the limitations it puts on their power.But they don't mind pulling phrases out of it, out of context, when it advances their argument.

The two parties are like cookie cutters. The Democrats promise free shit, don't matter what it costs, where the money comes from. Then they want to tell us what kind of foods we should eat, what kind of cars we should drive, etc. The Republicans talk a good game of fiscal responsibility, but when they get in power they outspend the democrats. Then on social issues, they want to take the moral high ground, shutting down online poker sites, banning methods of birth control, and shit like that. Everyone here is expected to press themselves into one of the two cookie cutters. Those that don't, are labeled as lunatics, like Ron Paul.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  s.greenback Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:13 am

Wayne,

That sums it up pretty damn well. If only a good 1 or 2 hundred million voters could see it the same way.
s.greenback
s.greenback

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 am

@wayne

That was a pretty darn good explanation... I am obviously not from USA but I am aware of all this... Couldn't of explained it better myself....

As for both Parties (Democrats and Republicans) Even though they debate things in the public's eye and act like enemies and disagree with eachother... imo it is all staged. Behind the scenes I am sure they are all friendly with eachother but put on a stage show for the Public to give them the illusion that they have Freedom of choice... but in reality... they are both probably owned/controlled by the same people who buy/sell politicians and own/control government from behind the scenes.... (The banking Elite/Federal Reserve etc)

I'm sure that is not deemed as a "conspiracy theory" anymore... even Ron Paul has mentioned that there are people behind the government who manipulate it and make most of the decisions through their bought off politicians....

this guy mentions "some" of the realities that are happening to America... great video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E

I keep a close eye on what goes on in American Politics as much as I can... probably more so than I do on Australian Politics. LoL
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BinaryLinux Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

Im not quite sure Of the whole story(I haven't been reading much on the news). I doubt the bill will pass, but their will definitely be a strong fight. If it passes, Imma go apeshit. Does it just effect the US, or is now a global issue?
BinaryLinux
BinaryLinux

http://binarylinux.tumblr.com www.youtube.com/binarylinux

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:16 am

and while all this SOPA crap has been happening... instead.... Obama passed the NDAA bill which allows
American citizens to be taken away... tortured and detentioned indefinately if they suspect you of being a terrorist in anyway shape or form.... Gee... I wonder if this new
power will be misused at all??? Gee I wonder if they will use it on Anybody who criticizes or exposes government corruption in the future??? You bet your ass they will.

Sorry Folks... But the United States is now more and more Nazi Germany.... and things will only get worse from here.... More TSA in public not only at airports but at shopping malls, schools, public transportation.... Guns to be outlawed sooner or later.... Sopa.... and fuck knows what else...

Ron Paul imo is the answer to fix America but then again... They either won't let him win... or they will kill him. Maybe now would be a good time for the American public to overthrow their corrupt government?
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BinaryLinux Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm an American and I agree, our country is going down real fast. Obama hasn't done shit (I'll probably get tortured for saying that lol). IMO all the candidates suck, but if I had to choose one it'd be Ron Paul. But that ain't gonna happen.
BinaryLinux
BinaryLinux

http://binarylinux.tumblr.com www.youtube.com/binarylinux

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:41 pm

kaddy wrote:and while all this SOPA crap has been happening... instead.... Obama passed the NDAA bill which allows
American citizens to be taken away... tortured and detentioned indefinately if they suspect you of being a terrorist in anyway shape or form.... Gee... I wonder if this new
power will be misused at all??? Gee I wonder if they will use it on Anybody who criticizes or exposes government corruption in the future??? You bet your ass they will.

Sorry Folks... But the United States is now more and more Nazi Germany.... and things will only get worse from here.... More TSA in public not only at airports but at shopping malls, schools, public transportation.... Guns to be outlawed sooner or later.... Sopa.... and fuck knows what else...

Ron Paul imo is the answer to fix America but then again... They either won't let him win... or they will kill him. Maybe now would be a good time for the American public to overthrow their corrupt government?

The story is unfolding. Ron Paul is losing, mostly because he is being painted as a kook. We've been off the rails the founders of our country so long that Americans seem to like their big government, and being controlled. I can't fathom any other explanation, other than we simply haven't learned our lesson yet. We are headed for certain financial collapse, they simply can't keep printing money to pay for all our government's entitlement programs, pet projects, and overseas adventures.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Last I heard he is coming in 2nd place constantly..... how is he losing? He got 21 percent in Iowa, 23 in New Hampshire, the only candidate other than Romney to do well with two very different electorates, one more evangelical and socially conservative, the other more moderate and fiscally conservative. RonPaul has beaten every Republican candidate but one....

I certainly don't think he will win because the election will likely be rigged if they can't persuade The american people via the Corporate whore media that he is a KooK.... they will find a way to keep him out of the white house.... but it looks to me that most americans aren't falling for it...... then again I can only go by what I see and hear on my end.... I don't know.... But 1 thing I do know is that every other candidate is a smooth talking paid liar bought and paid for by the banking elite... and they (he) will continue the destruction of the United states.... RonPaul is the only one that would never Sell out to forfill the agenda of the true owners of Government in the United States.... that is why he won't win

btw. I find it interesting that every President of the United states with a recorded medical history all have the same blood group RH Negative.... this blood group is quite rare in the United states.... what the hell is going on here? coincidence?
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:40 am

It's a rigged game. Ron Paul is in second everywhere because the media has picked their winner all ready, It's Mit Romney. The people follow the media blindly. There isn't ten cents worth of difference between Romney and Obama, just as there wasn't ten cents worth of difference between Obama and McCain. It's a phony left-right paradigm that exists here. If you don't belong in one camp or the other, you're considered to be a lunatic. But, in the end, it doesn't matter, both parties act exactly the same once they get elected. These republican buffoons think Romney is going to repeal Obama's health care reforms, which is a clear violation of our constitution, but Romney is the guy that designed it. When an outsider runs, the media destroys them. There was a woman in the state of Delaware running for senate last election, hell they dug up things she said on MTV against pornography when she was 15 years old and made her out to be some kind of nut-job that wanted to ban masturbation the second she took office. Then there was Herman Cain. He had some good ideas, they destroyed that man. That one had democrat fingerprints all over it, they didn't want their guy, Obama, facing another black man. It's an elite club, and Ron Paul isn't a member. He has risen as high in the ranks as they will allow him. His son Rand is going to face the same problem if he tries to run for president one day. That's just the way it is.
We have the best government money can buy. That's why SOPA isn't going away.They'll call it something else, or just slip it into another bill later on. These politicians are bought and paid for. A seat in Congress pays $174,000 a year. In Washington DC, with the cost of living, that's about the same as what a guy running a McDonald's hamburger joint makes. Yet you have millionaires spending millions of dollars in advertising trying to get the votes so they can have or keep the job. That speaks volumes about how corrupt it all is.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next