Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osgui Tim stuff

+13
ncanonmsger!
faolchu-aonair
Quids
oldposdells
gatorman32656
Crazyiom
waynefoutz
ninjamanawesome
Mike-pccentral
jonathan
eldersnake
Swathe
kaddy
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Osgui Tim stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Osgui Tim stuff

Post  jonathan Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Do you know how?

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:38 pm

well... he said earlier in a deleted forum post called OSGUI website about TWIL getting hacked and asked up to get some IP of the people in his community along with TWIL (which we didn't) and told him to stop screwing around and that we were gonna quit, we I didn't (learn from other's mistakes lol), so the rest is history...

I happened to be a registered user on TWIL and have been using his forums in the past couple of days... registered a while back...

Now I don't know whether he blocked everyone but me being a random user God know's what he did and how he found out....peerblock? from What's your desktop look like thread? IDK...

So on youtube I sent him a pm and told him that I don't much help from TWIL (giving a safe incentive) and decided to keep using his forums....he obviously doesn't know linux commands...

so yeah I don't think that's the whole story but whatever just ask if you are confused.

rabbit
ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 pm

yeah I've read and watched all the stuff in pastbin a few days ago.... even though I saw most of the original videos before

kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:49 pm

oh wait nvm johnathan i though you said how do you know .... sorry I really don't? but he could use peerblock once he accessed them...
ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:57 am

by the way ninjamanawesome

I noticed you are very active on the osgui forums and are still friends with Tim.... Then I see you in here pasting conversation logs and videos dissing Tim.......... whats the go? i'm confused?

I don't care if anybody are still part of Osgui and part of My community.... You can do as you like.... I'm not going to ban anyone for being friends with Tim or being a part of osgui........ like Tim does

But if you also want to be part of Osgui I'de watch what you say. lol. He will read our forums sooner or later and realise that your backstabbing him and block/ban you. LMAO

ahahahahhahahahaha
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 am

Yeah if you want to still be a part of the OSGUI community it's probably a good idea to keep it to a minimum. I don't think anyone here expects people to slag off tim to be accepted here. Everyone has a right to their opinion and at least this forum won't restrict the freedoms of it's members unless it's just stupidity. Things were put to tim is a sensible fashion and he flipped with his usual babble, nobody here is going to cry because you use a certain distro or want to actually learn GNU/Linux and use the cli.
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:23 am

agreed

And I dont' give a Toss....... I will openly Diss Osgui Tim for good reason in my own forums and in my irc channel when it comes up......... He deserves everything he gets and brought it on himself for treating so many people badly in the community. I am happy to have anybody and everybody contribute to Linux4UnMe no matter what your opinion is or who you are friends with... I will not try and control nobody.... I don't even care if you dislike me personally..... You have the Freedom to Talk Openly here even if it is critical, I really won't take offence to it if it is done constructively and intelligently

I want to build a community that is agnostic, open, and honest.... not only that but I would like to give back to the Opensource community for all the free shit i have gotten over the years with Linux. I want to help new users who are new to Linux and give them a friendly hand with any problems they have. We already have so many knowledgable people in my community and I am confident we can achieve this well into the future if we stick together and build up this community. No judgemental attitudes in THIS community..... you are free. Just be smart and be respectful to those who deserve respect

Thanx guys.
Your all awesome

kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:09 pm

kaddy wrote:... not only that but I would like to give back to the Opensource community for all the free shit i have gotten over the years with Linux. I want to help new users who are new to Linux and give them a friendly hand with any problems they have. We already have so many knowledgable people in my community and I am confident we can achieve this well into the future if we stick together and build up this community. No judgemental attitudes in THIS community..... you are free. Just be smart and be respectful to those who deserve respect

This is so true and I totally agree with the rest.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  ninjamanawesome Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 pm

yeah... I'm also on TWIL's forums... so...yeah...

anyway am I doing something really wrong? I think so , we'll see how things go..[flash(200,200)]www.whiteoakhomecare.com/n.swf[/flash]
ninjamanawesome
ninjamanawesome

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Not to go on about this too much, but if you havent already, anyone, have a squizz at the gay rights and trolls thread over there..

he wishes death to trolls and wants to convince everyone to go back to windows and mac lmao.

It's insane.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  gatorman32656 Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 am

Those posts are certainly disturbing and we can only imagine the demons that must haunt this young man.
What, however, makes me the more sad is his statement, if true, that he has been diagnosed with Huntington's Chorea. I believe that he stated that he is 30 years old. He is faced with a debilitating disease that robs the person of his strength and muscle control and leads to death in the 40's.
Such a demise will be bleak and painful.
He needs our prayers.
gatorman32656
gatorman32656

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Looks like OSGUI's site has been taken down...
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:04 pm

LOL
wow... I wonder what happened......
He's probably creating a New Website dedicated to Apple/Windows and started up a new name.....
Unless he hasn't paid his domain fee's. hehehehehe
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 am

Probably going to call it something like the OSGUI Graphical User Interface OS Agnostic* Tutorial and Reviews Tech Show

He always was a sucker for long titles Wink

* except any Linux that is not Ubuntu..
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 am

osgui is back up now
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:09 am

He posted that someone gave him a DoS attack. The drama continues. If indeed someone did that to him, it was pretty childish. The guy has enough problems, even if most of them are self imposed. He still should be able to run his site without that kind of nonsense.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Agreed...
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  Quids Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 am

Well as most of you guys know I spent a lot of time in OSGUI forums. I turned a blind eye to most of what Tim said about slating other people on Youtube and other Linux Distros. But in the end what he did to you both Linux4unme and Swathe was completely uncalled for.
If he had just deleted you both and left it at that it would have been fine. But to change your IDs to that gay hating stuff was several steps too far. In the end all he has achieved is getting rid of his community and made the site victim to loads of DoS attacks.

My concern is the hackers could target me for being a mod on OSGUI. I don't want that, I don't share his beliefs.
So what do I do, walk away from it all?

I don't regret the time I spent there. My job was very boring and it cheered me up to help people on the forum. I used the experience from the forums and all that I've learnt from Linux to finally get a job in IT. Only took me 11 years to manage that Smile I start new job end of Feb.

I wonder if I'll have my name changed to GayHatingInbred for posting here? Laughing

Quids

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 am

hehehe
thanx for the post quids

I left osgui website with no intentions to say anything about Tim in public or to rant about his personality. I wanted to leave peacefully.... but then tim did the name change thing and on top of that left a stupid hate message on my youtube account so i thought fuk it.... i'll show people who don't know the kind of idiot he really is.........

Congrats on your new job mate... let us know what it is and what it's like......
Your always Welcome on our forums/chat room mate.... I don't have any grudges against anybody who is still on osgui or is friends with tim.

LOL yer he probably will hate on you now.... you betrayed him by posting on my forums. lmao ffs
ahwell
cheers mate
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Lol, hey Quids, welcome to the forums Smile
I've seen some of your vids and posts on the OSGUI forum and you seem like a standup helpful guy, Tim would be wrong to do that to you for posting here, but what can you do lol.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  Quids Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:26 pm

Cheers guys

My job will be doing network security, monitoring whats coming in and going out and checking for hackers, viruses, etc. Should be quite a challenge considering its a massive international network. Anyway can't go into too many details...
Hmmm timed that well considering whats going on.

I'll be doing shift work - 2 days 2 nights 4 off. Never done shift work before, so Im not sure how well I'll take to it.

Quids

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 pm

Welcome mate and congrats on the new job. I was a carpenter by trade but managed to break into IT with no certifications. I personally don't begrudge anyone helping other community members over at osgui. He may be their first thing they find when wanting to learn about GNU/Linux and it would be bad of us to turn our back on them because of Tims stupidity.

Tim's claim that he was hacked may well be true. His announcement, however, that it was a program specifically written to attack his site is bollocks. Tim has nowhere near the technical skills to even deduce something like that, he would just be taking what ever his hosting company told him and running with it. You would think a sysadmin would know better.

Oh that's right, he isn't one.....
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Welcome, Quids. I too am torn about whether to contribute to Tim's site or not any more. Personally, the guy has never been anything but kind to me, but I agree what he did went too far, and ended up ripping the community he built in two. Judging from all the "evidence" posted in this thread, I think Tim has a lot to learn about how to do business. The guy built a great community, and his hundreds of videos, especially the tutorial videos he's posted are some of the best out there, in my opinion. He seems to have a problem with competition though. You don't see Coke telling people they aren't allowed to drink Pepsi. Similarly, his course of action should have been to ignore the competition, and keep the ship sailing on the course that it was on. He seems to have torpedoed it instead. I don't understand his thinking on why there should be two camps anyway. Isn't everyone's goals the same? We all have a common interest in these little electronic boxes that light up and have a desire to share with one another all the cool things we can do with them. I don't want to pick sides in this whole thing. As far as a person's sexual identity, I am of the opinion that whatever makes you happy is fine with me as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I believe him when he says OSGUI is being hacked, it's happened two nights in a row now. I don't condone it, if that indeed is what's happening, it's just adding fuel to the fire, and I hope it stops.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  waynefoutz Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 am

I tried to log on this morning, he's deleted my account. I guess a slot on my bookmarks bar just opened up. I wanted to log on there and say that I think the attacks on his site are despicable, amd I in no way condone them. In a thread he mentions a user on youtube who has posted a "how to" on how to attack his site. He's right, it's there. While Tim's actions were immature and stupid, this person doing this to his site is disgusting and most likely breaking the law. If I call a person a nasty name, it doesn't give that person a right to blast me in the face with both barrels of a sawed off shotgun. (I been playing too much "Smokin Guns") It seems to me that's what this guy out to destroy Tim's site is doing.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 am

I agree. Is this the video you were talking about? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-YvTGYSG7g
This is total bull.
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum