Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web hosts, opinions?

2 posters

Go down

Web hosts, opinions? Empty Web hosts, opinions?

Post  eldersnake Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 am

Hi guys just wondering whether anyone had opinions on web hosts (any).

I have a wordpress based site I started for myself: http://eldersnake.phpnet.us/

It's really just a blog type thing with any Linux stuff or mini reviews or opinions that I itch to post at the time and I've never had my own site or blog before. Right now it's on a free web host and you can probably imagine some of the issues with that (like blocked RSS grrrr). It works but in time the restrictions are going to bite me hard, they sort of already are. I'd also gladly stick with a free web host if anyone knew of a really good one, but I dont hold my breath, I don't expect much from a free host.

I notice Crazy Domains for instance has a good basic plan with plenty of options for like $2.25 per month which seems pretty damn good but on the other hand I've heard some bad things about them...so I'm not sure. I'm not terribly concerned about whether the server is based in Aus either, it's not like it's big high traffic site, it's just something I've been playing with and seeing what I can do. Besides TWIL's site which must be based way off yonder in the US is snappy and fast to access, so guess it's not a big deal.

Thoughts?
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Web hosts, opinions? Empty Re: Web hosts, opinions?

Post  kaddy Sun May 22, 2011 12:04 am

sorry for late reply...

hmmmm. i'm not that knowledgable on what webhosts are good or crap... what about go daddy? that comes to mind.... havn't researched into them much though...

have you found one yet? since this post?
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Sun May 22, 2011 6:53 am

Nah, though I'm not in any rush. It's not like its a site I'm trying to get lots of traffic or anything, I'm just writing and flexing my fingers, getting my thoughts out there, lmao. It'll just sit there on the free web host for now or until I run out of web space (350mb lol) but that will last a little while.

Still, go daddy is probably worth looking into. Maybe Bluehost which is what TWIL uses I believe and are fairly highly rated. I guess I'm just trying to get a decent but really cheap option as it's not something I'm relying on, but I just need a host that allows me to a bit more freedom with my site I guess.
Anyway, like I said,no rush I'll look around more and make up my mind sometime.

I also thought of hosting it myself one time (ultimate freedom right there) but I think Aussie ISP's dont like that?? I'd have to check and see if it was viable.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum