Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for My Channel and Website

+2
Swathe
kaddy
6 posters

Go down

Ideas for My Channel and Website Empty Ideas for My Channel and Website

Post  kaddy Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:19 am

Hello there All you Bigots,

I was thinking about ways I can improve my youtube channel and Website and wouldn't mind as many ideas thrown around as possible.....

Doesn't have to be just about Design.... it can be anything.... like
what can I do better in my videos generally? How can I improve the quality/style of my videos? Is there anything in particular that you think I should cover? Anybody wanna design me a Linux4UnMe icon rather than the shitty rambo penguin? If anybody is feeling creative feel free if you have any skills in video editing to throw some new intro's my way if you feel like it...... Any new ideas for the future?

I havn't been working hard enough on my channel lately and I wanna make it as good as possible and attract as many subscribers as possible.......

so yeah.... feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, or anything else

CHEERS YOU MOTHER FARKING BIGOT REDNECK HOMOPHOBIC BOGANS!!

oh that reminds me.... I am going to get some shirts made with the words "Bigot" and "Bogan" and
"homophobic? nar, your just heterophobic" printed onto them. Thanx for the quotes Tim.... their damn catchy and I wanna wear it. LoL maybe i'll sell a few.. who knows

Laughing
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas for My Channel and Website Empty Re: Ideas for My Channel and Website

Post  Swathe Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 am

Clearly your channel needs more of me! lol

Well channel wise if I finally free up the cash to get a decent webcam a panel discussion type thing would be good fun I think. I think more than anything the only thing that would put people off are people who are scared of Arch but I don't think it's a real issue. You have to make stuff that interests you, not just whore yourself out to shit most people like just to get famous. Only wankers are interested in doing it for the glory.

I want one of those bogan shirts for sure Very Happy

Hopefully i can free up some time to make more videos myself. I am toying with the idea of doing a podcast/video cast myself on just general nerd shit in the same vein as diggnation.

Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

LoL

Yeah the Webcam Discussion thing is a good idea, we'll have to do that in the near future.... I still have to buy a decent webcam myself........
I try to Mix it up a bit..... I like to cover all the popular Distros that I regulary use which is Arch, Mandriva, Suse, fedora, ubuntu, mint, pclinuxos and Debian..... with Reviews and Tips/Tutorials n shit with a bit of News, Gaming and look at interesting Software......

I'm trying to Cater for the more technical side as well as the nooby side rather than just pick one.... so I think I got an ok Mix going.....
But still...... Throw as much suggestions and constructive criticisms etc at me as you can.

I might even do a redesign of my channel and website and see what other cool stuff I can add to it........
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHosie54 Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 am

you have heeps of work as you know to get this site going for eg. the time and date on ya forums!
If your using Arch give us a full run through of what you've done to get it going as well as you have hehe!
SeanHosie54
SeanHosie54

Back to top Go down

Post  Swathe Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 am

Time and date work fine for me.
Swathe
Swathe

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:07 am

SeanHosie54 wrote:you have heeps of work as you know to get this site going for eg. the time and date on ya forums!
If your using Arch give us a full run through of what you've done to get it going as well as you have hehe!

Already have Razz
I got quite a few videos on ArchLinux tutorials mixed up in my channel somewhere. LoL
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah never worry about whether to do Arch vids and stuff that's a bit more advanced, some of us do love that stuff Wink

I also dig the Linux gaming side of your videos too, only a select few, on Youtube at least, cover gaming in Linux and the more the merrier I say.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm

it all sounds good to me. I like seeing how to do things in arch since that's my favorite distro. I don't recall seeing anything for the easier to use distros though. Covering them a little more would be good, and I definitely would like to see stuff for fedora since no one else seems to do anything for it. I don't use it because I have to download my driver and compile it which make for some reason refuses to do, but other people who actually use fedora would definitely appreciate the vids. I really can't think of much more feedback to give because you're doing a great job. Good luck with the channel.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcanis Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

I'll be watching. I'll let you know when something comes to me.
Arcanis
Arcanis

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 am

Arcanis wrote:I'll be watching. I'll let you know when something comes to me.

Sure thing....
I was thinking about doing my own Linux/Opensource News segments.... Me and Ubiquitious1980 have been doing news vids for a long time but
we don't get a chance to make them on a regular basis and there is so much news out there...... Jordan from thisweekinlinux covers it all
Very Well.... But Nobody else is really doing it... besides TheLinux Action Show, but arghhhh they drag their videos to well over an hour and I can never usually be fucked
watching.... So I will start doing some News segments which is straight to the point with personal opinions in between by myself when I can't get damien on.
I could never do as good a job as Jordan but i'll give it a whirl. lol

Also still planning on doing a couple live shows now and then... but I'm still yet to get a decent Webcam and i'm too broke at the moment. LoL
It will happen this year though...... maybe with one of my google payments i'll spend it on a new webcam

Cheers
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Fri May 13, 2011 5:12 am

Lol bloody hell I know what you mean about the Linux Action Show, it can be damn good watching...but you need time and motivation haha

As for the news idea, I reckon it's great. I wouldn't worry about comparing yourself to Jordan too much, just do it in your own relaxed style and it'll be sweet I'm sure. Those vids with Ubiquitious1980 have always been really good too.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 pm

You've been pretty helpful with arch. Perhaps you could also do some vids that show how to do cool things with arch.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down