Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Video Editors.

3 posters

Go down

Linux Video Editors. Empty Linux Video Editors.

Post  *********** Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 am

Time for a bit of controversy.

I've got to hand it to Windows users for this one.

Right here we go. The other day is was watching a couple of videos about Novacut and they were saying that they needed 25,000 to get the project off the roof. Now I read some comments and they were saying how Linux video editors weren't that good. Well I had to laugh because in some way i think Linux users are a little bit spoilt.

I'll tell you why I think this. Go and Google Wax 2.0. It is an Open source editor for Windows and it is no where near as good as the ones we have. But I'll tell you what. It has a big following, a lot of people like to use it. I liked it, but then again I'm Scottish and it's still 1975 over here... maybe that's why i like the terminal hahahaha.

Well. What's your favourite and what do you think. Do you have a favourite video editor or do you think I'm talking Jimmy White?

Back to top Go down

Linux Video Editors. Empty Re: Linux Video Editors.

Post  eldersnake Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm

LOL, had to laugh at the Scottish comment Wink

Anywho I like Openshot for basic'ish stuff and certainly does the job. My overall favourite is probably KDEnlive though. People say it can be unstable, crash etc but I've had no issues with it.

Be interesting to see what happens with Novacut... it reached it's 25k amount last night.
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  *********** Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 am

Haahahahahaha. We still think Rogers Moore's the current James Bond. lol

In-fact it is coming up to my 1st anniversary being a Linux user. BTW When I first started I thought Linux was just Ubuntu. Imaging my surprise when i saw all the different kinds of distros out there.

But do you know what i mean?. When you used something as basic as Wax 2.0, an editor that will only use .avi and .wav files, whose effects, are minimal and not so good, but has chroma key ,which, by the way people were amazed at and then you see Openshot and Kdenlive which are 100 times better you still have a little chuckle to yourself when people do them down. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:55 am

I am very Skeptical of NovaCut.... I mean I can't think of any other opensource projects out there that asked for a huge sum of money before even providing
a dev build to test out the software and giving promises of a professional piece of software etc..... They even say when the 25k runs out they will ask for another money bomb to continue the development....... And you can't get dev builds of the software unless you pay 300bux and register....

What a Crock.... No product to test out, empty promises and marketing hype with an asking price of 25k. A professional Editor but no demonstration of the software or even a product yet......... sounds a bit like if I asked for 100 bux with the promise to provide someone with the worlds best Burger but I've never made one before for somebody to give an opinion on............ just give me money and i'll see what I can do.......

bah. Screw Novacut.... Do the devs have any other professional software created that we can tinker with to see the quality of their work? have they made anything significant before? maybe I have not read enough about them but I havn't seen anything....

Atleast with Openshot, Kdenlive etc you know it is off to a good start and "can" be a professional product and have features added to it... rather see the money put towards a project which has already proven itself to be Good

Anyways.... I like Kdenlive and openshot... they are a bit buggy, i get crashes sometimes... they need work.... Donate to them imo

Critical kaddy signing off Wink
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  *********** Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:42 am

Didn't vlc bring one out a few months ago to let people see it.

BTW the editors you buy are unstable. I remember seeing video that one of the adobe ones... I think it was After Effects. It kept shutting down and you had to download a patch to make it work and that didn't help much either.

Also you had to have right hardware for some of these editors to work and people said there computer was recent and should work on it no problem. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  eldersnake Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Is it just me or is linuxsensei's name all in asterix? lol
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:29 pm

lol
yes... wtf sensei?
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum