Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take notes. It'll make your life easier.

3 posters

Go down

Take notes. It'll make your life easier. Empty Take notes. It'll make your life easier.

Post  *********** Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 am

ARCHIES, MINTIES AND THE REST OF US WHO DON'T USE WINDIES.!!!!!!!

About a couple of months ago now I installed Debian Squeeze. Now one thing i like to do is my homework. I wanted to find out about the things I would need to do post-install. So i went on the forum got what i needed to know but a question from a user brought home a subject that I would like to discuss from you and that is the practice of taking notes.

The question the user asked was how you installed nvidia drivers from the terminal. Now this wasn't a newbie, this was actually someone who had the last Debian release installed but couldn't remember how he did it the last time.

Now I took notes of everything i needed to know for future use and even now I like to take notes on practically everything I learn be it how to maintain PCLinuxOS or Arch or bash scripts.

So my question is are you someone who has a folder with commands tucked away for future use or are you someone who deals with the problem at the time and leaves it at that.?

I just think it makes life that little bit easier. Smile

Back to top Go down

Take notes. It'll make your life easier. Empty Re: Take notes. It'll make your life easier.

Post  eldersnake Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:47 am

I deal with it at the time, whether it be a Google search or just going to the online documentation etc... but I probably really ought to take notes. What if I'm without internet access some day and need to do something? Unlikely generally but still probably very practical to take notes. I manage though Wink
eldersnake
eldersnake

Back to top Go down

Take notes. It'll make your life easier. Empty Re: Take notes. It'll make your life easier.

Post  waynefoutz Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:47 pm

I still have xorg.conf files from 2006 for machines I don't even have any more on my external back up drive
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum