Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Tube reviews

2 posters

Go down

You Tube reviews Empty You Tube reviews

Post  *********** Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:54 am

JINGS;CRIVIENS; HELP MA BOAB!!!!!!!

Do you ever notice that when your watching a review and you have a wee look at the comments there's always someone wanting to know "Why didn't you set-up the wireless drivers" or "Why didn't you install Nvidia/Ati drivers on the machine".

Now i think people miss the point of a review. It's just to show you the look;applications and how to download packages. It's as if they want a post-install guide rather than review.

To be honest with you, I like the terminal stuff more than reviews. I would rather learn something about Linux than watch a review. I have nothing against them, but people take them too seriously and should just see it for what it is; an outlook of a distro.

So what do you think about reviews?. Should they be more in-depth and look more like a post-install guide or do you like to see an overview of a distro?. Smile

Back to top Go down

You Tube reviews Empty Re: You Tube reviews

Post  waynefoutz Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 pm

I don't know how you could realistically do that, since every machine is different. I suppose you could do a generic video on how to set up proprietary drivers, but still that wouldn't work on every machine. For instance, my new laptop has an Atheros wireless in it, it took me an hour of googling to learn how to turn it on, had to blacklist the software switch in it.
waynefoutz
waynefoutz

Back to top Go down

Post  *********** Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:00 am

That's my point. To me it goes back to the subject of how much work you are prepared to put into getting your distro running smoothly.

Sometimes I think some people want all the answers on a You Tube channel. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum