Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for videos

4 posters

Go down

Ideas for videos Empty Ideas for videos

Post  oldposdells Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey I'm having trouble finding new ideas for videos. Does anyone have some suggestions? I love making videos but I like to do videos that haven't been done by the big channels. (Linux4UnMe QuidsUp) Suggestions would be great! Smile
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Ideas for videos Empty Re: Ideas for videos

Post  Arcanis Thu May 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Perhaps if we knew a bit more about you, it would help us to make suggestions. To this end, I searched for 'oldposdells' in YouTube, and found nothing.

So, if you have done videos, I must confess I am not familiar with them. So, I'll just babble. I'm good at that, so here goes.

This has been done before, but one of the things that will always be of interest to me, if not the general populace, is old computers. Computers taken from the trash, or just given to me in an effort to avoid paying a fee to have it properly hauled away. I have several machines in my basement which run Puppy, Legacy and AntiX. I give them to charities or will use them in my dreamed of poor man's cluster (right after my son and I figure out how to make our own electricity so I can afford to run it!)

In many parts of the undeveloped world, old computers are all they have.

One of my machines is now in the Phillipines at a school, running Xubuntu. I gave it to FreeGeek, and they refurbished it and sent it.

So, that's suggestion one: Revive an old machine, step by step. Use time lapse, or just cut in and out at each step, starting with the dumpster, or the pick-up at the friends house.

Of course, ultimately, you will take over the known world with your super-computer cluster, but that would take more than one video, methinks.
Arcanis
Arcanis

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I have an old Dell Preciision 220 I could do a video on.... Here's a link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/olddellhelp?feature=mhee
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Mon May 16, 2011 4:03 pm

You could also deal with distros that can run on those old machines. I'm sure there are plenty out there you could do videos on.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Wed May 18, 2011 7:50 am

That's a good Idea too!
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  kaddy Sun May 22, 2011 12:01 am

wtf I didn't get any email notifications of the new forum posts.... it went to junk mail. lol. fixed

don't worry if other people have done vids before on what you want to cover.... I never check... Whenever I think of a video to do
I just do it, I don't bother trying to find out if somebody else has done it before.... although chances are that no matter what video you do, somebody
else has already covered it before... but the more variations there are the easier it is for users to find out their answers to questions Wink

cheers
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jonathan Sun May 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I think it'd be great to show what you can do with old PCs. It shows how viable Linux can be. Running on older hardware is one of the advantages it has over Windows and OSX.

jonathan

Back to top Go down

Post  oldposdells Mon May 23, 2011 8:42 am

I agree John!
oldposdells
oldposdells

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down