Linux4UnMe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My next LMDE wish list with comments!!!

2 posters

Go down

My next LMDE wish list with comments!!! Empty My next LMDE wish list with comments!!!

Post  kd5ob Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

I'm super excited for one reason here! The people at Debian have finally released a 3.2 series Kernel which supports IVY BRIDGE!!! YEAH!!!
And this Kernel has been integrated into the final CrunchBang Linux install ISO for Waldorf! Yeah!!!!
But, sadly, it has not yet been sucked into the install disk for LMDE, but it will be! It will be soon!!!

And so, here is my desperate wish list for the next LMDE install disk which I PRAY will come out soon with Cinnamon 1.8 built in! I PRAY CLEM!!!
Well, of course I want the new kernel for starters. And I also want Cinnamon 1.8 support in the new install ISO.
But I would also like to see RAID and LVM and Encryption support finally built into the install as well.

If we could just get LMDE to this level on the install ISO, we would have support for everything a CrunchBang or Wheezy install ISO already provides!!
It would be so great to have this support finally! This is one thing which really would help LMDE just take off!!!

And I have another tidbit of news which some of you may have already have read about Debian's next move!!!
It seems the next kernel which is going to be put into SID will infact be a Linux 3.8 kernel. Yes, you heard right! We are going from a 3.2 in Wheezy
to a 3.8 all in one gigantic step. This certainly means the LMDE will get this kernel! Yes they will.

Now, here is the exciting part! And maybe the painful part for me personally.... What's CLEM going to do now? Will he release another 3.2 based kernel
install ISO for LMDE or will he opt for the 3.8 kernel version????

If could very well be that Clem decides to wait for the 3.8 kernel and thus, we will have to wait longer to get our new install CD.

And for my new Ivy Bridge laptop I have here, I'm on pins and needles here just waiting in limbo!!! Waiting in limbo... What will Clem do???

kd5ob
kd5ob

Back to top Go down

My next LMDE wish list with comments!!! Empty Re: My next LMDE wish list with comments!!!

Post  kaddy Wed May 15, 2013 7:27 pm

LOL

You should post this on the MInt Forums for Lmde Very Happy
kaddy
kaddy
Admin

https://linux4unme.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My next LMDE wish list with comments!!! Empty LMDE forums..

Post  kd5ob Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 pm

kaddy wrote:LOL

You should post this on the MInt Forums for Lmde Very Happy

Alright then, I will. I'll probably get chewed off the forums but I will do my best to present my idea..

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=134079
kd5ob
kd5ob

Back to top Go down

My next LMDE wish list with comments!!! Empty Re: My next LMDE wish list with comments!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down